Taken From Trip Advisor
Subject: Pinchollo: "Beautiful view, restful sleep"
17 may 2014
We stayed here night one of our 3 day 2 night colca trek tour!
What a great way to end a great day.. it is beautiful, and the food served was great as well.
The view from every room is breathtaking and the beds and pillows are sure to ensure a great nights rest before the adventures planned for the following day!
Kim N, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Date: 5 jun 2014
Subject: Pinchollo: "Amazing 1 night 2 day trip to the Colca Canyon!"
This is an absolute must and I wouldn't want to do a trip to the canyon with any other company after this!
Right from the start, staff were both professional and friendly! Even from booking, they went out of their way to look after us, even keeping the shop open later in order to put us in a taxi safely to our hotel.
Paul, our guide was the best tour guide we have experienced on our 3 month trip of South America! He was friendly, enthusiastic, spoke excellent English and was a fountain of knowledge! The amount we have learnt about a variety of topics over the last few days is astonishing!
The minibus was extremely comfortable and Wilfred the driver was excellent!
The tour was entertaining, educational and very enjoyable. There were many interesting stops and plenty of snacks of provided.
Food was excellent and the lodge beautiful! The best nights sleep we have had in 3 months. Thank you for such an enjoyable 2 days. It really was a highlight of our trip and excellent value for money.
Date: 2014-04-03 10:37 GMT-05:00
Vlado- I just wanted to tell you what a wonderful time I had on the Coca Tour Sunday-Monday ( 2 days one night) this past weekend. First of all - you have wonderful staff (including yourself) that make everything work well. The tour itself was amazing - the places we went - the things we saw- your lodge- the people who work there. Deanna was very helpful in the office and patient with me- I really had reservations about whether I could do all of the activities.- but I did all but the hike into the canyon on Sunday. Christian and Michi ( driver) are a great team. Christian encouraged me to try everything- and Michi was there to back me up- like when I couldn't make it all the way up the hill on the bike- he picked me up.
Christian knows so much about the area and is so passionate about it- he is incredible! He made everyone feel comfortable and was always going out of his way to accommodate people ( me) You cannot find guides like him often. He is a very special person.
Michi- is a great driver- very conscientious- checking everything all the time- I always felt safe with him. He also has a sense of humor and was a real part of the group- keeping everything lively. Both he and Christian helped me get my authentic Cabanaconde hat from a woman who was making them. That will always be very special to me.
In two days I think our group became very close- I was little nervous at first because I was the oldest one in the group ( and by myself) and i was afraid i might slow people down - but everyone was wonderful- we exchanged emails and some of us are keeping in touch. The walking sticks really helped me to do this trip- so you might want to invest in some that you can loan- There are parts of the hikes that I would not have been able to do without them because of my knees.
So i just wanted to say thank you and tell you what a wonderful company you have- and how great the people are that work there.
If there is anyplace- you want me to post my experience- please let me know ( Trip Advisor??)
"WHAT A VIEW!"
10 July 2013
We stayed at the Colca Lodge for one night in June and was in dispair that we could not stay longer! What a wonderful place. It has the most glorious views from the bedrooms - it made me want to lay in bed staring out the window the entire day. It is in a lovely area rife with places, villages, treks and canyons to explore. The food was divine and the fireplace was the cherry on top. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Go there, now.
Martin C - London, United Kingdom
"Beautiful mountain lodge - excellent treks close by"
4 April 2013
My girlfriend and me came here on something of a whim. We had been in Colca Trek enquiring about summiting Chachani, when we received very frank and candid advice from Colca Treks owner, Vlado, that we were only moderately acclimitised (having spent time in Cusco) to do this, and there was no guarnatee we wouldnt suffer. He suggested we spend a couple of nights at 3500-4000m, and advised that the company has a mountain lodge in Pinchollo (he was not at all pushy about insisting we go there, even advising that there was a cheaper hostel alternative in the same hamlet). He showed us some photos, however, and it looked amazing, and so we opted to stay two nights there, to give us time to do an acclimitaisation walk too. We were so glad we came: beautiful scenery on the doorstep, friendly staff, floor to ceiling bedroom views over the canyon (perfect for sunset), good healthy food, the biggest bed I have ever slept in, and lovely touches such as providing a hot water bottle just before bedtime. The place was also immaculately clean. We also paid for one of the hotel staff to guide us up to a higher altitude as part of the prep for Chachani. Nika, our guide, was excellent. He took us on a great walk up to the geysers en route to Hualca Hualca mountain (we climbed to about 4500m). He really went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed the walk - carrying my girlfriend over a stream as her foot was bandaged, and also shooing off a herd of angry bulls making their way quickly towards us. The place is reasonably expensive, but does include dinner, and we thought it was well worth it. Its definitely worth staying two nights to make the most of your time here (it is about 5 hours way from Arequipa by bus). As a postscript, I did go on successfully to summit Chachani (also with Colca Trek), so the acclimitisation plan Vlado suggested definitely worked, and we got an amazing side trip to the Colca Canyon thrown into the bargain.
Room Tip: All rooms have views over the canyon as far as I am aware (as well as floor to ceiling windows).
travelandme_74 - Stockholm, Sweden
"Best location in Colca Canyon”
Reviewed 6 January 2013
The hotel is located only 20 minutes away from the " Cruz del Condor" which is the viewing place to see the condors, and a short walk from the actual Canyon! The hotel was excellent, comfortable beds with goose down blankets, heating and warm water all day. Before going to bed we got a warm water bottle to warm up our beds! We loved this detail. All the rooms have a beautiful view of the mountains. Dinner was good and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved this hotel and our experience in the Colca Canyon. We used Colca Trek which is the travel agency that arranged our 3 day trip.
jenniees - Vancouver, Canada
This recently opened mountain lodge is absolutely great. The views are spectacular. The food is great, the views are spectacular, and is so cosy with the lovely fireplace next to the bar. It is located very close to Cruz del Condor, the most 'touristy' part of Colca Canyon, yet it is situated in a tiny typical Andean village where there are literally no other tourists. It is so peaceful and quiet, and you can go for wonderful hikes right off the door step. The best place I've stayed in Peru so far!
d240i - Seattle, Washington
As a tour operator, I had gone with colca canyon treks last year and recently. I was expecting a ho-hum hotel as with last year, but was genuinely surprised with the amazing new place! our group LOVED the panoramic floor to ceiling windows in our rooms with amazing views of the canyon. not deep down to the river, but the scenery was amazing. the service was cordial. the common area (where the fireplaces, sofas, chairs/tables are) is very nice. most definitely a gem in the rough! and our only regret was that we stayed for only one night.
Room Tip: all rooms have amazing views (as all of them are on the same side). the upper floor rooms would hav...
catherineluParis - Paris
Nous sommes arrivés complètement par hasard au Colca Trek Lodge.
Hôtes trés sympathiques, cuisine excellente, chambres spacieuses, jolies, et confortables.
Un luxe après plusieurs semaines de voyage !
Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
- Very nice hotel. Food is very good, rooms nice and clean. Nice view outside, hot water, fire place. Perfect!
- I enjoyed my stay very much. The rooms are very nice and clean, door handles would be nice. The food was very good and people very helpful and friendly. Overall best hotel in Peru Safar.
- Thanks for the nice stay! The fireplace is great, the hotel overall is very nice and quiet and the view is wonderful!
- What a beautiful place! Lovely rooms & beautiful views. Thank you! - Lucy Cox
- Such fantastic stay! The staff in the hotel matched the views! - Matt Brock
- What a wonderful hotel! We loved our stay here, so homey; we really felt at home here, the staff so friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us. The food was delicious and the beds were comfortable and warm.
- We will definitely recommend this hotel, we love it! Thank you so much. Best hotel experience in Peru!
- Beautiful hotel J lovely decoration, great blanket. Awesome staff and food. Love the balcony with window the most. Thank you for all your work! I’ll miss this place and staff J from Colorado, Usa.
- Very beautiful hotel. Thanks for letting us stay @ your hotel. California, Usa J
- Spectacular view hotel room. Excellent service. Bathroom was great! California - Usa.
- The lodge is beautiful, comfortable, with gorgeous views!
- What beautiful hotel! View of mountains-champion! Service-excellent! college park, Md-Usa
- Este hotel es buenísimo! Nos gustaba mucho. para nosotros también 5 estrellas. Kees & Linda, Holanda
- Suggestion: a drying room with a heater for shoes on a rack and wet clothes.
- A wonderful place! Take care of it! J. Sea
- Buen inicio para la marcha por el Cañón del Colca con un buen descanso en este maravilloso hotel donde hemos sido atendidos muy amablemente. Jesus y Pilar (España)
- 04 noches en habitación tan confortable hace que salga de mala gana. Querría estar más, los empleados son muy amable y dispuesto a ayudar. Me he sentido muy bien en este lugar. Muchas gracias por todo! dios Uds. bendiga. Martes 15 de Enero 2013, Elizabeth Stempe (Alemania)
- Nice and comfortable, very friendly staff. And extra pillow on the bed would be nice, such as one extra blanket. Natural unsweetened yogurt for breakfast would be appreciated overall; I’m very pleased with the offer. I like the fireplace in the big room. And the best part is the beautiful view from the both the big room, and the bedrooms. Ana Teixeira, Portugal 23/01/13
- Me encanto este lugar- vista maravillosa, claro, y lo staff muchísimo simpático. muchas gracias! Andreia , Lisboa, Portugal
- The lodge is the best we have stayed in all of Peru. The rooms were very comfortable with an absolutely gorgeous view. Great location. The staffs were amazing – So helpful. The despite my vegetarian needs, they supplied me with delicious and healthy food. I cannot express enough how much we enjoyed our stay. Alia& Max, Usa.
- This lodge is the nicest place we have stayed in during our whole three months South America trip. We really like the view, the very hot showers, afternoon tea time, and the hote water bottles at night. The place is clean, welcoming, organized and we enjoyed the communal fire place and lounge room area. 26/01/13 Marni & Mitchell, Australia.
- We were very pleased when we arrived here and found this beautiful place, with shinning views. It is by far the cleanest place we have seen since coming to South America and the hot shower was great! During the night the communal fireplace was a great area to relax and everyone has been really friendly! Overall a great experience! - Carl & Jonas, Sweeden.
- Eine zauberhafte lage mit einer menge magie! wir haben dies wundervolle aussicht genossen sowie auch die “rundum-wohlfuel-versorgung!” this was great!! Baliram +Silke (Alemania).
- We really enjoy our stay here; it’s cuch a beautiful place, everything perfect. Thank you so much for everything! - Damiana + Nicolo (Suiza).
- Un hotel estupendo en un paisaje tan maravilloso! gracias al equipo del hotel en Pinchollo! - Ariane (Alemania).
- 29/01/13… merci beaucoup four cet accevil chaleureux pour les histoires au coin du feu, avel mate bien chaud. nous sommes tres hevreux d’augir pu quasi-inaugurer cette nouvelle maison. Pierre.
- It was a wonderful stay at this “Hermosa” place thank you for the good care, for giving us a warm and friendly welcome. Carower, the Netherlands.
- Colca Trek Lodge is so beautiful, we’ve had a wonderful time here and the view from our room, through our spotlessly clean window is fantastic! a few things to make it even better, books on the wall or bathroom doors for wet clothes +bags ok. Somemore games, trivial pursuit perhaps? And some books-about condors! And the local area? Just a few i do - but we have had a great time. Love the hot water bottles. Seana Mallin, Usa.
- A wonderful place i a fantastic location! Lovely food + lovely views. Gemma, Uk.
- 19/03/13, what a wonderful location. Vico took us on two fantastic treks we wouldn’t have seen nearly so much without him. the girls looked after us so well, great food and such clean rooms, thank you… Diana, Simon, Daniel (England).
- Thank you for a lovely stay at Colca Lodge, such comfortable beds, wonderful food, and fantastic views!!... Emillie, Uk.
- The most amazing hotel I have been since I’m travelling in South America. The view, the food, and the people are beautiful here. Te amo Peru!!!! Muchas gracias por todo …. Vuki. Hungria.
- Many thanks for a wonderful stay at your beautiful lodge. The floor to ceiling windows makes for amazing views and sunset. The beds were very comfortable, and the hot water bottles were a welcome touch. Staff all pleasant and helpful. Special moments to our guide, VIKO……. FOR WAITING US UP TO HUALCA HUALCA, DID PROTECTING US FROM THE RAGING BULLS… MARHN & JAESAN. UK.
- Had a fantastic stay here at the hostel. The walk up to Hualca Hualca and the geysers was amazing. Our guide Vico was great at setting the pace and guiding us safety to the beautiful sights. He also looked after us. We shambled across wild bulls. The lodge itself is pristine, such gorgeous views from the bedrooms. Love the hot water bottles!!! Thank you for everything… Season - Wales.
- We had a wonderful beautiful warming stay; it is amazing what a comfortable hotel is lying in the middle of the fantastic surrounding of the Colca Canyon. The panorama view, the sunrise and the comfort make this place a remarkable, recommendable hotel. Thanks for a special stay!!! Florian y Maike.
- Gracias por todo! disfrute mi estadio en su hotel con una cena riquísima y una vista hermosa! xxx Maibe.
- Thank you for the beautiful stay what a great views from the bedrooms! Mary (New Zealand).
- Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality! your hotel is beautiful & your view is amazing.
- ¡Nos encanta los miradores! estamos muy feliz para quedar acá, gracias por su hospitalidad. Daniel+ Kastie (Chicago).
- March, 27, 2013. We enjoyed our stay at your lodge very much. The rooms, bathrooms with hot water, beds and even warm bottle waterwere fantastic. Home – made food is delicious and the service good. We even had great weather today to continue our journey. Thank you for everything. Samana and Shjefama, Norway.
- Thank you for the wonderful hospitality. You made us feel so welcome in every way. This is a beautiful hostel, the hot water bottles + blankets by the fire were a very nice torch. Good luck for the future. Modi (Hawai).
- Thank you for the fantastic hospitality+ the warm welcome; I was very impressed with the lodging staff here. Sam.
- Merci pour voire accueil, l’endroit est magnifique, tres bel hotel! dommage pour la douche froide. Sophie.
- Muchísimas gracias por la atención, servicio impecable y amabilidad! Regresaremos algún día. Familia Seilini.
- What a beautiful hotel! Great hot shower! Substantial breakfast & supper… very comfortable beds! The highlights of course being the awesome views! We felt very much at home for a night, and would recommend this hotel yo anyone! - Taniax (Southafrica) Antoine ( Switzerland).
- Monica & staff- Muchas gracias for a lovely taste of the Andes at the lodge, you and your family have created a beautiful addition to our memories , Camille & Jeff.
- My god! What a beautiful stay everything perfect. I enjoy the views, comfortable bed and bedrooms, staff made feel us like in home. Hot water in shower and delicious food. Nothing more to desire! For sure hightly recommended in trip advisor. Keny Sthon (Luxemburgo).
- Vlado and Monica, your lodge is the perfect combination of rustic and luxurious. What a beautiful place! And how wonderful to be here with your family. The dreamer, the designer, the overseen, the interior decoration, the architect, such a labor of love that truly makes this place special. Thank you, Brenda + Bill lo Potro, Winterport, Usa.
- This is the most beautiful hotel we’ve ever stayed at! We felt welcome, cosy and nearly did not want to leave againJ. Kerstin & Klaus, Germany.
- ¡Gracias para todo! hermoso hotel con una vista maravilla sobre las montañas. muy confortable. Dominique - Montreal, Quebec. Canada.
- Merci de nous avoir permis de decouvrir un endroit si magnifique. votre hebergement est des plus confortables. Celine Quebec, Canada.
- Un sejour inoubliable, un decor mojestueux, un hotel choleureux et un accueil par des gens devoues. merci a salome (guide) pour son sourire, sa patience et ses conncissances! Bravo pour votre travaille, c’etait tres agreable. merci a tous. xxx. Normand Doucet, Christiane LePage, Baie Comeau, Quebec, Canada.